Community Meals Subsidy
The City of Port Phillip recognises that its Community Meals Subsidy Program provides a strategic opportunity to work in partnership with community groups and organisations to strengthen community capacity and to create and promote an engaged, healthy, resilient and vibrant City of Port Philip.
Subsidies are available for the provision of healthy, affordable and culturally appropriate meals by local community groups and community organisations. This program promotes social inclusion and community engagement by encouraging the contribution and participation of:
- older residents
- residents from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- the LGBTIQ+ community
- people with disability
- people with complex needs
Applications closed at 5 pm on 11 May 2022
To be eligible for a Community Meals Subsidy funding applicants must:
- Not for Profit community groups, local organisations and clubs
- be incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act
- have their own Public Liability Insurance or an Auspice Organisation Public Liability Insurance
- provide an ABN or an Auspice Organisation ABN with written consent to use.
- Organisations must be located within or offer projects within, the City of Port Phillip municipality at least 12 times per year
Come along to one of our information sessions to find out more about the program.
St Kilda Town Hall, Training Room in English with Russian translator
99a Carlisle St, St Kilda, Victoria 3182
Wednesday 27 April 2022 at 10.30 to 11.30 am
Register for the Russian session
Liardet Community Centre in English with Greek translator
81 Liardet Street, Port Melbourne Victoria 3207
Thursday 28 April 2022 at 10.30 to 11.30 am
Register for the Greek session
If you have access and support requirements that will enable your participation in these information sessions, please contact us. Interpreters are available upon request.
Apply for the Subsidy
- Read the guidelines:
Community Meals Subsidy Guidelines (DOCX 609KB)
Community Meals Subsidy Guidelines (PDF 448KB)
- Attend an information session.
- Contact the Independent Living Support Programs Team Leader to ensure your group or organisation fits the eligibility and selection criteria.
- Apply online via Smarty Grants.
If you are a new user, you will need to register an account when starting your first application. For help, visit the help guide or the frequently asked questions.
For general queries about the guidelines, deadlines or questions about the application form, please contact the Independent Living Support Programs Team Leader:
Phone: 03 8563 7907