The City of Port Phillip recognises that its Community Meals Subsidy Program provides a strategic opportunity to work in partnership with community groups and organisations to strengthen community capacity and to create and promote an engaged, healthy, resilient and vibrant City of Port Philip.
Subsidies are available for the provision of healthy, affordable and culturally appropriate meals by local community groups and community organisations. This program promotes social inclusion and community engagement by encouraging the contribution and participation of:
- older residents
- residents from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- the LGBTIQ+ community
- people with disability
- people with complex needs.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a Community Meals Subsidy funding applicants must:
- Not for Profit community groups, local organisations and clubs
- be incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act
- have their own Public Liability Insurance or an Auspice Organisation Public Liability Insurance
- provide an ABN or an Auspice Organisation ABN with written consent to use.
- Organisations must be located within or offer projects within, the City of Port Phillip municipality at least 12 times per year
Come along to one of our information sessions to find out more about the program. Bookings essential.
If you have access and support requirements that will enable your participation in these information sessions, please contact us. Interpreters are available upon request.
How to apply
- Read the guidelines:
Community Meals Subsidy Guidelines (DOCX 599 KB)
Community Meals Subsidy Guidelines (PDF 428 KB).
- Attend an information session or Grant Writing Workshop.
- Contact the Community Liaison and Project Officer to ensure your group or organisation fits the eligibility and selection criteria.
- Apply online via Smarty Grants. If you are a new user, you will need to register an account when starting your first application. Click on the following link for the Help Guide or our Frequently Asked Questions.
For general queries about the guidelines, deadlines or questions about the application form, please contact the Community Liaison and Project Officer: