Please ensure your visits are in line with current Victorian Government COVID-19 restrictions.
For details and conditions of entry, please visit Adventure playgrounds.
Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and to Friday: 3.30 to 6 pm (daylight savings).
Monday to Friday: 3.30 to 5.30 pm (non-daylight savings).
Weekends and school holidays: 12 midday to 4.30 pm.
Closed on public holidays.
Opening hours are subject to change due to extreme weather events (heat, wet weather, and storms) and staff availability. The playgrounds may be closed:
- when the temperature exceeds 35°C,
- when the forecast temperature is 38°C or above
- if the temperature reaches 35°C while the playgrounds are open
- during hail, heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms
- due to poor air quality due to smoke from bushfires or pollution
- for maintenance, safety audits, staff training and targeted activities
- when programs and activities for specific groups of children are being hosted at the Playground
Note: hours generated automatically on search engines such as Google or listed in blogs or articles are not always accurate.
Play Structure Removal
We are pleased to announce Council has completed works, removing the aged and damaged Play Equipment from the Skinners Park.
This removal will return public access to the previously fenced off section of the playground.
Further information regarding new playground equipment for the area will be finalised in the coming months.
Monday 27 June 2022
Short term improvements: Skinners, South Melbourne had some of its play equipment fenced off as it had reached the end of its life. It has now been removed.
Longer term improvements: the 10-year financial plan has allocated $3,445 million dollars for Skinners and St Kilda to be upgraded.
The upgrades will be informed by the following design principles. That Adventure Playgrounds will:
- Facilitate risky (but safe) play
- Be accessible, safe and welcoming for all: meeting DDA compliance and CEPTED best practice
- Provide a connection to nature and the natural environment
- Place children and young people at the heart of design
- Provide a unique aesthetic that recognises the past and is delivered for the future
Consultation to inform the upgrades will occur in the 22/23 financial year.
Membership intake may be limited at this time.
Membership (enrolment) is open to young people five to 12 years who live or play in the City of Port Phillip.
Membership for children aged eight to 11 years (Middle Years) is encouraged due to the nature of the member activities and the play infrastructure.
South Melbourne is unable to accept group bookings or cater for groups, such as birthday groups, outside school hours care programs or group gatherings.