Council provides many services and programs offering support and recreational options specifically for older people, to allow them to remain healthy, safe and active in their own home and in the community.
Older people can easily travel around Port Phillip with the free community bus.
This section of the site includes the following pages:
- Older Persons Consultative Committee - our consultative body for issues affecting older residents.
- Home and Community Support - We provide in-home assistance to those over 55 years, including basic house duties and property maintenance.
- Seniors Festival - Our annual Seniors Festival runs for two weeks attracting over 4000 attendees and takes place in October each year.
- Seniors Register and the Linking Neighbours Program - The Seniors Register is a register the council shares with the Victorian Police in case of emergency, some of those on the register also attend 'Linking Neighbours' events, which are inclusive events for people over 55 years.
- Social Support and Recreation - Our social support program offers a variety of activities and events for older people.
- Other Activities for Seniors - Many other clubs and associations offer events and programs for Seniors.
You might also be interested in aged and Disabled accommodation.