Complaints and service requests

Listening to your feedback is an important part of Council’s commitment to continuous service improvement.

Knowing whether your issue is a complaint or service request can help us to take the right kind of action to assist you.

To get Council to fix an issue, you should send a service request. An example of a service request is: 'Could Council fix a pothole in my street?'

To let Council know about your dissatisfaction with the way the service was provided, you should make a complaint. An example of a complaint is: 'A pothole I reported to Council two months ago hasn't been fixed, and is getting worse.'

Service requests

If you would like help from Council, or would like to request a service, please lodge a service request.

You can also give us feedback to help improve the services we provide you.

Making a complaint

If you are not happy with the service we have provided, you can make a complaint.

Understanding where we have not met your expectations will help us address the issue and improve the services we offer.

We always try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We’ll confirm that we’ve received your complaint within 5 business days, and if we haven’t resolved it within 28 business days, we will contact you to update you on our progress.

If you would like to know more about the complaints process you can read our Complaints Handling Policy (PDF 331 KB).

Alternatively, you can make a complaint, or follow-up an existing complaint, by:

City of Port Phillip, Private Bag 3, St Kilda, VIC 3182
In Person:

Need more options?

If you still feel that your issue hasn’t been resolved, you can raise it with the Victorian Ombudsman:

Level 2, 570 Bourke Street Melbourne VIC 3000, DX210174 Melbourne

Our aim is to resolve your issue, we encourage you to contact us first and give us the chance to listen to your concerns and work with you to resolve your complaint.

Related Content