Categories and prizes
- Primary - Ages 10 to 12 | Prize up to the value of $200 + a 1 year NGV membership
- Secondary - Ages 13 to 17 | Prize up to the value of $200 + a 1 year NGV membership
- Open - Ages 18 to 25 | Prize up to the value of $200 + a 1 year NGV membership
- People's choice - All entrants | Prize up to the value of $200 + a 1 year NGV membership
- Submission period: 10am, Monday 4 September to 5pm, Sunday 29 October
- Artwork drop-off period: Wednesday 8 November - Sunday 19 November
- Artwork collection period: Tuesday 30 January - Sunday 11 February
- Opening celebration: 6pm - 9pm, Friday 1 December
- Exhibition dates: Friday 1 December - Sunday 28 January
Please note that Linden New Art operates between Tuesday to Sunday, 11am - 4pm and that all artwork drop-offs and collections must be conducted within gallery opening times. For further information please read our terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
Before submitting your works to the City of Port Phillip Youth Art Exhibition, please read these Terms & Conditions carefully. If your work does not meet the entry specifications, as stated in the Terms & Conditions below, it will not be included in the exhibition.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- An entrant can only submit one artwork. If a group submission is made, those individuals cannot enter a subsequent piece as an individual.
- This exhibition is only open to young people aged 10-25 who live, work or study in the City of Port Phillip.
- Entry is free.
- The maximum height and weight of the submission must not exceed 60cm x 60cm and/or 1kg.
- We accept 2-dimensional and sculptural works.
- Framed artworks must include a secure hanging system.
- For all non-framed artworks, please advise us how you would like it to be displayed. Clearly mark the top and bottom on the back/underside of your piece.
- All entries to the City of Port Phillip Youth Art Exhibition must be completed online via the City of Port Phillip Website (City of Port Phillip) and include a photo of your selected piece.
- Artworks entered via the website must be the same as the works received for display.
- Entries must relate to the chosen theme of ‘togetherness’. A description of how your artwork relates must be provided. Any entrant that doesn’t supply a description may be deemed ineligible.
- Artworks cannot be removed or changed during the exhibition period.
- By entering this exhibition artists are confirming they are the creator and owner of the entered work(s) and have not breached any copyright laws in the creation of the work.
- Failure to comply with any of the above will make an entry ineligible.
- Display and placement of the works in the exhibition is at the Curator’s discretion. Any works deemed inappropriate for younger audiences will be ineligible for display.
- Entries open: 10 am on Monday 4 September 2023
- Entries close: 5 pm on Sunday 29 October 2023
- Opening celebration – Friday 1 December 2023, 6 pm – 8 pm
- Exhibition dates – Friday 1 December 2023 to Sunday 28 January 2024
DELIVERY OF WORKS
- Works must arrive at Linden New Art between Wednesday 8 November – Sunday 19 November 2023. Any pieces not received in this timeframe will not be displayed in the exhibition.
- We strongly encourage works to be hand delivered directly to the gallery during opening hours (Tues - Sun 11 am to 4 pm).
- Any postage costs will be at the expense of the entrant.
- Works that aren’t hand delivered may be posted, but any loss or damage caused to work while in transit is the responsibility of the artist. Please address your package to:
Port Phillip Youth Art Exhibition
Linden New Art
26 Acland St, St Kilda, VIC 3182
COLLECTION OF WORKS
- Collection of your piece must be done in person between Tuesday 30 January and Sunday 11 February during opening hours (Tues - Sun 11 am to 4 pm). Please inform Linden gallery staff ahead of time if you are sending another individual to collect your work.
RIGHT TO REFUSE TO DISPLAY ARTWORKS
Linden New Art and the City of Port Phillip reserve the right to refuse to display artwork if it:
- Does not meet entry requirements.
- Poses safety risks.
- Under normally accepted standards, could be considered offensive in terms of pornographic content, racial or religious prejudice.
- In any way does not comply with Linden’s general policies and procedures.
COPYRIGHT AND REPRODUCITON OF IMAGES
- Entrants agree to allow Linden New Art and the City of Port Phillip to reproduce (at no charge) images of entered artwork in any publicity or promotion material for the event and future events. This does not affect the Artists copyright status of the artwork.
- Images of the finalists’ artwork may be published on both City of Port Phillip and Linden’s website and social media platforms.
Categories and prizes are as follows:
- Primary - Ages 10 to 12 | Prize up to the value of $200
- Secondary - Ages 13 to 17 | Prize up to the value of $200
- Open - Ages 18 to 25 | Prize up to the value of $200
- People's choice - All entrants | Prize up to the value of $200
- To remain true to our core principles of art being subjective. There will be no judges for the age categories and winners will be drawn at random on opening night from 6.30pm.
- The People’s Choice Award will be announced via the City of Port Phillip Youth Services Instagram page (@coppyouthservices) at the end of the exhibition. Attendees will have the chance to vote for their favourite piece throughout the exhibition duration.