There is a range of local community-owned or managed affordable housing across the City of Port Phillip.
The City of Port Phillip facilitates the provision of social housing in Port Phillip for the state government's Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and other community housing organisations.
This can be through:
- support to develop community housing projects
- joint ventures between the DHHS and other community housing organisations
- projects involving community housing organisations
- providing housing needs information
- property identification
- property valuation information
- assistance during the planning permit application process
- support for funding applications with the Department of Human Services.
These organisations can include churches, charitable organisations, community housing management organisations and community housing providers.
For information about applying to the Victorian Housing Register, visit Housing Vic.
For more information, please contact us and ask for Housing and Homelessness Services.