We recognise and want to support you as a carer in our community. This online hub offers information about services and programs we provide, local carer groups and other resources that can support you.
We use 'carer' to describe someone who provides care to another person who has a disability, a mental illness, is older or has an ongoing medical condition (including terminal or chronic illness or dementia). This care is typically more than expected in their usual role as a family member, friend or neighbour, and is unpaid.
To learn more about carers, visit Carer Gateway.
How we can support you
Local carer support groups
Resources to support carers
- Alfred Health Carer Services - offers information, support and resources for carers and young carers (25 years and under) who provide ongoing unpaid personal care or support.
- Carer Card – state-wide discounts and benefits with participating businesses.
- Carer Gateway - practical advice and resources for carers.
- Carers Victoria - the state-wide voice for family carers, representing and providing support to carers in Victoria.
- Disability Liaison Officers at Alfred Health - can support patients with disability and their carers.
- Satellite Foundation - for children and young people where a parent has a mental illness or mental health challenge.
- Tandem - the state-wide group representing family and friends of people living with mental illness.
- StarHealth Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub - provides short to medium term support to anyone having a difficult time of feeling overwhelmed.