Council's sustainability action
We are committed to immediate and urgent action to reduce emissions and respond to and prepare for the changing climate.
Taking action on the climate emergency
Port Phillip is already experiencing the impacts of climate change.
Council declared a climate emergency in 2019, recognising that climate change is a global challenge, and everyone must play their part.
How are we taking climate action in Port Phillip?
What we are doing to meet the challenge
Investing in our assets
- Designing, building and maintaining our roads, drains and buildings to reduce their environmental impact and to be resilient to extreme weather.
Working with our community and partners
- Working together to mitigate and adapt to climate change
- Supporting and empowering residents and businesses to reduce their emissions, waste and water.
Changing how we deliver our services
- Reducing emissions, waste and water from Council’s services and ensuring we can continue to deliver services for our community in the future climate.
Creating a Sustainable Port Phillip
We are striving to ensure a sustainable future for the City of Port Phillip where our environmentally aware and active community benefits from living in a bayside city that is greener, cooler, cleaner and climate resilient. We are reducing our own emissions and preparing our City and community for a changing environment.
We are committed to creating a Sustainable Port Phillip by focusing on five priorities.
How you can take climate action
Take action today by following these nine sustainability steps.
Keep up to date about sustainability
- Sign up to our Sustainability e-news for the latest news, events and information
- Business owners, join the Port Phillip Sustainable Business Network
- Follow Sustainable Port Phillip on Facebook