Albert Park and Middle Park
There is far more to this historic and highly sought-after area than its picturesque and iconic lake that is home to the annual Formula One Australian Grand Prix.
Albert Park and Middle Park are host to some of the finest 1930s and 1940s architecture in Melbourne, with pretty attached and row housing lining its leafy streets and rose-adorned parks, much dating back to Victorian and Edwardian eras, such as magnificent terraces of St Vincent's Place.
- Victoria Avenue
- Bridport Street
- Dundas Place
- Armstrong Street
- Mills Street
Things to see and do
- Walk or cycle Albert Park Lake and see the resident black swans
- Tee off at Albert Park Gold Course
- Beach time at Albert Park or Middle Park Beach and a stroll along Kerferd Road Pier
- Picnic stop at the beautiful and historical St Vincent Gardens to admire all the blooms and amazing botany including some very old trees
- Shopping stops at either or all of Bridport Street, Victoria Avenue and Armstrong Street to support some wonderful local businesses and boutiques
- Visit Gasworks Arts Park that showcases more than 200 performing arts events and 30 visual arts exhibitions each year
- Go for a swim at Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre
Discover Albert Park's hidden gems
These neighbourhood tours are part of our Live Love Local campaign. Through this campaign, we’re supporting local businesses, promoting our shopping villages and working closely with traders to reinvigorate the City.
Find more of our City's hidden gems on our YouTube playlist.
- Tram routes: 1, 12 and 96
- Bus routes: 606
For timetables and information visit Public Transport Victoria.
Economy ID provides demographic and economic data, population forecasts and interactive demographic maps for Albert Park and Middle Park.