CCTV is a surveillance system made up of a number of surveillance cameras that are connected and monitored in a closed circuit.
They are installed in response to feedback from Victoria Police, local traders, other Council partners and our community.
There are currently four Victorian Government funded CCTV precincts projects in the City of Port Phillip:
- Acland Street precinct
- Fitzroy Street, St Kilda precinct
- Little Grey Street precinct
- St Kilda Foreshore precinct.
CCTV may be installed in Council facilities to:
- act as a deterrent to criminal behaviour
- provide evidence to support the prosecution of criminal behaviour
- reduce levels of graffiti and other forms of vandalism
- reduce anti-social behaviour
- assist in mitigating Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) risks
- review serious incidents.