Registered Housing Associations and Registered Housing Providers & accessing local public housing for people aged 50+
Launch Housing https://www.launchhousing.org.au/
Launch Housing provide housing information and referral services (includes financial assistance for housing related expenses such as rent in advance). Tenancy Support Advocacy and Support Workers will help tenants establish their home or deal with issues that are putting their tenancy at risk by providing support for complex issues, and efficient, speedy referrals for more straightforward problems.
122 Chapel Street, St Kilda VIC 3182
Telephone: 1800 825 955
To apply for the Victorian Housing Register see-https://www.housing.vic.gov.au/social-housing-eligibility If you need help to apply see add link to housing services page
Community managed flats and rooming houses in St Kilda and Port Melbourne, particularly targeting long term residents of Port Phillip. Also housing in other areas-Ashwood, Parkville Box Hill, Moonee Ponds, McKinnon and Moorabbin.
Suite 3.01 Level 3 492 St Kilda Rd Melbourne
Telephone: (03) 9534 5837
Community managed self -contained rooms in rooming houses in St Kilda .
102 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda
Telephone: (03) 9534 1809
Community managed self -contained rooms in in Port Melbourne and South Melbourne
259 Dorcas Street, South Melbourne
Telephone: (03) 9696 1128
Level 1, 210 Kingsway South Melbourne
Tel. 8341 8700
Community Housing Ltd https://chl.org.au/
9 Prospect Street, Box Hill
Tel: 9856 0050
What is sponsorship housing?
Sponsorship housing increases the opportunity for older residents of the City of Port Phillip who are eligible for the Victorian Housing Register to remain within the local area and nominate specific public housing estates in St Kilda, Albert Park, Middle Park and Port Melbourne.
Who is eligible?
- Approved for Victorian Housing Register.
- Open to eligible older persons (usually over 50 years) who have lived in the area 3 years or more, Indigenous persons can be considered if 45 years and over
Types of housing
There are over 400 self- contained units - either studio (one large room), one bedroom or a small number of two- bedroom units, across the following estates:
- Layfield Court ,150 Victoria Avenue, Albert Park
- Shoreline, 180 Mills St & 100 Ashworth Street, Middle Park
- Inkerman Heights, 150 - 156 Inkerman & 2 Henryville Streets, St Kilda
- Pinaroo Village, 114 Inkerman Street, St Kilda
- 482 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne
Applying for Sponsorship Housing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact usor use eServices to ask us a question, request information or give us feedback online about public housing. If you prefer phone ASSIST on (03) 9209 6777 and ask for Housing and Homelessness Services.