Volunteering is a rewarding way to get involved in your community and provides opportunity to:
- Contribute to your community
- Make friends
- Learn new skills
- Help gain experience for future employment
- Have fun
Volunteering for Council
The City of Port Phillip manage a range of programs where volunteers can help deliver services to the community. If you are interested in helping with any of the programs below, we would love to hear from you!
- FReeZA Committee and YAC Committees
- Social Inclusion Program
- Festivals (St Kilda Film festival, St Kilda Festival and Yaluk-ut Weelam Ngargee)
- Home Library Service
- Friends of Suai/Covalima
- Local History and Heritage Centre
- Access Arts Program
- Children Services
To find out more information about volunteering for Council contact the Volunteer Coordinator by calling 9209 6159 or email email@example.com
Please note that due to social distancing guidelines, Council has suspended many of our volunteer programs to help minimise the spread of COVID-19.
Volunteering for community organisations
There are also many community groups and organisations that you can volunteer for.
Be Collective is an online portal where you can find local volunteering opportunities in the City of Port Phillip. Visit the portal to find all available roles.
If you're from a community group or organisation and would like to advertise on the portal, follow the instructions below or contact the Volunteer Coordinator for more information on how to get started!
- Join Be Collective to create a profile
- Create a Group for your organisation
- Create your opportunities
- Send an endorsement request to City of Port Phillip and have your opportunity listed on our portal. You can do this in your BeCollective account or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org