You may need to apply for multiple permits including a Planning permit. To find which permits you need and make a single application, or to talk to our Business Concierge, visit the business permits page.

To find out which type of licence you need, use the VCGLR's licence selector tool.

Under Victorian liquor laws, it is an offence to supply liquor to persons under the age of 18 years. Licensees and their staff should ask for ID if a customer looks under 25, as best practice.

A range of measures have been implemented in response to COVID-19 and to respond to state of emergency changes to restrictions. For more information, visit Coronavirus information for licensees.

Temporary limited licence

More information

For more information on liquor licences, visit VCGLR.

For advice on how to prepare your hospitality venue, refer to the Victorian Government's food services guidance.