About Maternal and Child Health Services
Our Maternal and Child Health service can assist with the changes to family life when a new baby arrives.
It is free and available to all families with children from birth to six years of age.
Our nurses are registered nurses with additional qualifications in midwifery and maternal and child health.
They have the knowledge and experience to deal with all aspects of child and family health and wellbeing such as:
- child health and development
- play and learning
- maternal or paternal health and wellbeing
- accident and injury prevention including safe sleeping
- home safety
- local support services and resources.
Every family is contacted by a nurse, usually within one week of returning home after a baby’s birth, to organise the first home visit.
Please contact us if:
- you have not received a call within this time frame
- have questions or would like to request additional appointments
- you're a family with young children new to the City of Port Phillip.
- MCH nurses see young babies who are vulnerable to colds and illness. if your child is unwell, please reschedule your appointment. To reschedule email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9209 6766.
For information about COVID-19 please click here.
I would like to know about
Port Phillip Family News
Port Phillip Family News is an e-newsletter for all families in the City of Port Phillip. It contains parenting support, tips for self-care, educational resources and play ideas for children. You can also find out about family friendly events, programs and services, and discover ways to connect with the community.