We continue to provide support to families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Face-to-face appointments are offered to all newborns aged 0 to 8 weeks.
Note: If you or a person in your household has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 24 hours, or if anyone has been tested or diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone who has, then you cannot attend a centre.
You will also need to reschedule if you are:
- running late - we are unable to accommodate late arrivals as we maintain physical distancing requirements and additional cleaning
- needing to make or change an appointment for your child next health check.
To reschedule call 03 9209 6766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a centre visit, please bring:
- a clean blanket to cover the scales
- your child’s green book 'My Health, Learning and Development Record'
- a pen.
Conditions of entry to a Maternal and Child Health centre during this time:
- all staff and families attending a centre must be well and free of any illness symptoms
- only one carer and the child booked for the appointment can attend
- hand sanitiser must be used upon entry to the centre
- all persons must answer COVID-19 screening questions on arrival
- physical distancing requirements must be followed. The only exception to this is when a nurse examines a child.
About Maternal and Child Health Services
Our Maternal and Child Health service can assist with the changes to family life when a new baby arrives.
It is free and available to all families with children from birth to six years of age.
Our nurses are registered nurses with additional qualifications in midwifery and maternal and child health.
They have the knowledge and experience to deal with all aspects of child and family health and wellbeing such as:
- child health and development
- play and learning
- maternal or paternal health and wellbeing
- accident and injury prevention including safe sleeping
- home safety
- local support services and resources.
Every family is contacted by a nurse, usually within one week of returning home after a baby’s birth, to organise the first home visit.
Please contact us if:
- you have not received a call within this time frame
- have questions or would like to request additional appointments
- you're a family with young children new to the City of Port Phillip.
Telephone: 03 9209 6766
All your personal information is treated in confidence and in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Heath Records Act 2001.