Council is not currently a COVID-19 vaccination provider. For information about eligibility, getting vaccinated against COVID-19 and vaccination providers, visit our COVID-19 vaccination page.
Immunisations are considered Medical Care under current restrictions.
Any person aged 12 years and over is required to wear a mask or face covering at all times while at the immunisation venue.
We ask that only one parent and the child to be vaccinated attends the session.
Immunisation not only protects individuals but also others in the community by increasing the general level of immunity and minimising the spread of infection. Immunisation uses the body's natural defence mechanism, the immune response, to build resistance to infectious diseases.
The City of Port Phillip offers a comprehensive community immunisation program for children and adults. We provide seven immunisation sessions each month at six different venues across the municipality.
Remember to bring your child's health record book to all sessions.
Sessions and bookings
To ensure we can monitor the number of clients in our venues, we have introduced an online appointment system. To book an immunisation session, select your preferred date.
Govenment funded flu vaccines are now available at all the Council immunisation sessions. Please check your eligibility.
- Tuesday 18 January 2022, 4.30 to 6.30 pm at St Kilda Town Hall
- Saturday 22 January 2022, 9 to 11 am at South Melbourne Community Centre
- Wednesday 2 February 2022, 10 am to 12 midday at Liardet Street Community Centre
- Tuesday 8 February 2022, 9.30 to 11.30 am at St Kilda Town Hall
- Thursday 10 February 2022, 9.30 to 11.30 am at Mary Kehoe Community Centre
- Tuesday 15 February 2022, 4.30 to 6.30 pm at St Kilda Town Hall
- Saturday 19 February 2022, 9 to 11 am at South Melbourne Community Centre
- Wednesday 23 February 2022, 9.30 to 11.30 am at St Kilda Town Hall
If you book a session, please arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
You may still attend any immunisation session without an appointment.
If you are unable to make an appointment, you may still attend any of the immunisation sessions without an appointment and wait to be served. We do not expect your wait time to be long. Sessions are all well-staffed to ensure clients are served promptly.
Please note, we cannot assist anyone arriving later than the closing times specified.
For a full list of session dates and times, download the immunisation calendar:
Government-funded flu vaccine
Stock of the 2021 Commonwealth National Immunisation Program-funded influenza vaccine is now available.
Note that we will only administer government-funded flu vaccines. Anyone who is not eligible will need to visit their GP for the flu vaccine.
Who is eligible?
- People aged six months to under five years of age
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and older
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- All adults aged 65 years and older
- People aged six months and older with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza and its complications
For further information regarding the flu vaccine, visit Flu Immunisation.
Overseas immunisation histories
If you have returned from overseas and need your child's history updated, please upload a copy or photograph of the history via our Online Services.
We will not process any overseas vaccination histories during our Immunisation Sessions.
Changing your postal address
If you have recently moved house or changed your postal address, it is important that you inform Medicare Australia and Council of your new address. This ensures your child's immunisation records are correctly maintained on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). It is important to prevent constant unnecessary letters being sent and to ensure your child's records are available when they are most needed, such as when starting school or when travelling.
Medicare can be contacted on 132 011.
More information, updates and translated material can be found in Health Victoria - Immunisation.
If you have any queries regarding immunisation, please contact Council's Immunisation Service team: