What is it?

A Report and Consent is seeking a determination from Council with respect to the Building Regulations 2018, this may include, but not limited to:

  • Siting of non-compliances (Part 5, 6 of the Building Regulations 2018)
  • Protection of Public (Regulation 116)
  • Building Over Easement (Regulation 130)
  • Consent to construct in areas liable to flooding. (Regulation 153)
  • Consent for construction on designated land or designated works (Regulation 154)
  • Place of Public Entertainment (Regulation 206)
  • Siting of Temporary Structures (Regulation 207)

How do I know if my building plans require consent?

A professional who prepares your plans or your Building Surveyor assessing your plans can advise you when a project requires a report and consent from Council.

You may get advice from your:

  • Building Surveyor
  • Architect or Draftsperson.

Types of report and consent applications

Help and support

If you have any questions or need help, please contact the Building team:

Online: My Port Phillip
Phone: 03 9209 6253
In person: visit the Planning and Building Counter at St Kilda Town Hall during opening hours (8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday)

Related Content