I have lived in Canal Ward for over 15 years in both Elwood and Balaclava.
I am a general manager who has worked across multiple industries including energy, retail, oil and gas, and banking and finance with accountability for budgets of over $200 million. I am also accountable for profit and loss results and developing, leading and driving high-performance national and international teams comprising more than 180 employees.
Known for being customer-centric, adaptable and having strong business acumen. Also known for the ability to assess and understand the commercial dynamics to develop the strategy, and the requirements for change and process improvements resulting in improved outcomes such as $3.5 million in profit contribution.
Recognised for leading strategic business transformations, acquiring and successfully integrating businesses of up to $15 million in revenue resulting in improved operational efficiencies in the range of $420,000 and customer experience.
Council or local government committee experience
No prior experience.
Reasons for standing for Council
I stood for Council to inject a new voice into Council and ensure that the Council's decision making is based on the best interest of residents.
Objectives and priorities for your term
My overarching aim is to help shape and evolve our community over the next four years to improve the outcomes and services for all residents.
- Affordable rates for all residents of Port Phillip to make sure it is long-term sustainable for all to live here.
- Improved community safety and amenity for our restaurant and shopping precincts to bring people back to our famous streets like Acland, Carlisle and Fitzroy Streets.
- Support our traders with lower costs and drive improvements by listening to their suggestions.
- Focus Council spending on the essential Council services that the residents needs and remove duplication.
- Lower the cost of car parking for residents and traders and improve car parking around our shopping precincts.
Favourite parts of our City
Elwood and St Kilda foreshore, walking paths and bike paths. Outdoor dining overlooking the beach and the variety of great restaurants. The walking paths of the canal. The vibrant streets like Bay St, Carlisle St, Fitzroy St, Acland St, Ripponlea and Elwood Village. South Melbourne Market and Albert Park Lake. The beautiful tree-lined streets in Elwood. The diverse community groups.
What are you most looking forward to as restrictions ease
A life without a mask.