Outdoor event permits
If you are organising an event in any of City of Port Phillip’s public open spaces you will need an event permit. Permits ensure public safety and amenity in public spaces and assist in the sustainable management of our parks and foreshore.
How to apply for a permit
- Contact Event Services to check your preferred location
- Complete an application form
- Provide a copy of current Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance, minimum of $20M
- Provide a site plan
- Provide a risk management plan and COVID-19 Safe Plan
- Provide any other documents required
- Once the application has been assessed, an invoice will be issued
- Pay the permit fee
- Permit will be issued
An Event Manager will advise if any further documents that will be required.
Application form and guidelines
Events application form (PDF 366 KB)
Outdoor Events Guidelines (Word Doc 336 KB)
A card payment fee applies.
Contact Event Services
Online: Online Services
Post: Event Services, City of Port Phillip, Private Bag 3 St Kilda, Victoria, Australia 3182