Tuesday to Friday: 3.30 to 5.30 pm (non-daylight savings)
Tuesday to Friday: 3.30 to 6 pm (non-daylight savings)
Weekends and school holidays: 12 midday to 4.30 pm.
Closed on public holidays.
Opening hours are subject to change due to extreme weather events (heat, wet weather, and storms) and staff availability. The playgrounds may be closed:
- when the temperature exceeds 35°C,
- when the forecast temperature is 38°C or above
- if the temperature reaches 35°C while the playgrounds are open
- during hail, heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms
- due to poor air quality due to smoke from bushfires or pollution
- for maintenance, safety audits, staff training and targeted activities
- when programs and activities for specific groups of children are being hosted at the Playground
Note: hours generated automatically on search engines such as Google or listed in blogs or articles are not always accurate.
Membership intake may be limited at this time.
Membership (enrolment) may be available to young people five to 12 years who live/play in the City of Port Phillip.
Membership for children aged eight to 11 years (Middle Years) is encouraged due to the nature of the member activities.
Contact details for additional information is below.
General public are welcome to visit (no membership required for visits) all visitors must be accompanying a young person.
Council’s 10-year financial plan has allocated $3.445m for Skinners and St Kilda to be upgraded.
The upgrades will be informed by the following design principles. That Adventure Playgrounds will:
- Facilitate risky (but safe) play
- Be accessible, safe and welcoming for all: meeting DDA compliance and CEPTED best practice
- Provide a connection to nature and the natural environment
- Place children and young people at the heart of design
- Provide a unique aesthetic that recognises the past and is delivered for the future
Consultation to inform the upgrades will occur in the 22/23 financial year.
Party and community bookings
The St Kilda Adventure Playground no longer accepts birthday party bookings.
However, we are happy to assist and make accommodations for families that may rely on the birthday party bookings due to personal circumstance.
This may include families living in transitional housing, lower income families, families with complex living arrangements or the like. We work with our community partners to support/engage families connected with varied services. This support includes utilising the community and family friendly Adventure Playground spaces.
If you would like to hire the space for a birthday party and believe you identify with the above, you can making a booking by speaking with staff or calling 0432 005 346.
There is no hire fee for bookings.
Child Safe Standards
The City of Port Phillip has an ongoing commitment to the safety and well-being of young people.
Adventure Playground Program facilitators follow strict adherence to child safety standards when operating scheduled programs.
We enact these commitments via the Child Safe Standards, formally endorsed by Council on 15 November 2017.
If a staff member suspects or receives a report that a child is the subject of abuse or negative treatment they are obliged to report it through the appropriate channels so it can be escalated through Child Protection authorities.
All complaints raised will be treated with strict privacy, seriousness and confidentiality.
All Adventure Playground Staff have robust prevention, training, supervision and reporting activities to ensure a child’s safety.
For general information on Victoria Government Guidelines and Legislation see Child Safe-Standards Resources DHHS.
For general information on the City of Port Phillips position please, see our Child Safe Standards.