Real Estate Pointer Board permit
A permit is required to place an advertising sign on a road, road related area, Council land or area designated by Council to ensure vehicle and pedestrian safety.
I want to find more on
When applying for a Real Estate Pointer Board permit, please note to following permit conditions:
- Where an advertising sign is proposed to be placed on land or fixtures that are not Council land, the permission of the owner must be obtained and evidence of that permission must be produced to an authorised officer when requested to do so.
- The requirement to obtain a permit under Local Law No. 1 for an advertising sign applies where a permit is not required under Clause 10, Footpath Activities.
- Advertising signs promoting auctions, sales or open house viewings may only be placed on roads and Council land on the day of the event.
- A permit must be obtained before the placement of any real estate pointer boards on a road or Council land.
- The size of the advertising sign must not be greater than one metre in height or 70 centimetres wide.
- The advertising sign must be removed within two hours of the conclusion of the auction, sale or open house viewing.
- The advertising sign must not be located on median strips, roundabouts or similar structures forming part of the road.
- Application and permit renewal fee - $114.00
- Permit fee per year - $745.00
How to apply
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Register or log in using registration details
- Apply for a permit
- Select permit type
- Confirmation - Accept terms and conditions of use
- Summary - Attach any required documents
- Payment - Securely pay by credit card. A card payment fee applies.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications take five business days to assess provided no further information or changes are required.