Sponsorship housing increases the opportunity for older residents of the City of Port Phillip who are eligible for public housing to remain within the local area and nominate for specific public housing estates in St Kilda, Albert Park, Middle Park and Port Melbourne.
Who is eligible
- Those who are eligible for the Department of Health and Human Services income and assets
- Those approved for Victorian Housing Register
- Eligible older persons, usually over 50 years, who have lived in the area for three years or more
- Indigenous persons can be considered if 45 years and over
Is there a waiting period
Yes, this can vary from 12 months to several years depending on approved property requirements.
Types of housing
There are over 400 units all with self-contained kitchens and bathrooms. The types of units available are:
- bedsitter - one large room
- one bedroom
- a small number of two bedroom units.
Units are available across the following estates:
- Layfield Court,150 Victoria Avenue, Albert Park
- Shoreline, 180 Mills St, Middle Park
- 100 Ashworth Street, Middle Park
- Inkerman Heights, 150 - 156 Inkerman Street, St Kilda
- 2 Henryville Street, St Kilda
- Pinaroo Village, 114 Inkerman Street, St Kilda
- 482 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne.
Applying for Sponsorship Housing
To apply or request more information, contact us and ask for Housing and Homelessness Services.