What is sponsorship housing?
Sponsorship housing increases the opportunity for older residents of the City of Port Phillip who are eligible for public housing to remain within the local area and nominate for specific public housing estates in St Kilda, Albert Park, Middle Park and Port Melbourne.
Who is eligible?
- Must meet Department of Health and Human Services income and assets (eligibility).
- Open to eligible older persons (usually over 50 years) who have lived in the area 3 years or more, Indigenous persons can be considered if 45 years and over
Is there a waiting period?
Yes, this can vary from 12 months to several years depending on property requirements approved
Types of housing
There are over 400 units - all with self contained kitchens and bathrooms, either bedsitter (one large room), one bedroom or a small number of two bedroom units, across the following estates:
- Layfield Court ,150 Victoria Avenue, Albert Park
- Shoreline, 180 Mills St & 100 Ashworth Street, Middle Park
- Inkerman Heights, 150 - 156 Inkerman & 2 Henryville Streets, St Kilda
- Pinaroo Village, 114 Inkerman Street, St Kilda
- 482 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne
Contact us or use eServices to ask us a question, request information or give us feedback online about public housing. If you prefer phone ASSIST on (03) 9209 6777 and ask for Housing and Homelessness Services.