Sponsorship housing helps older residents who are eligible for public housing remain in the local area and nominate for specific public housing estates in St Kilda, Albert Park, Middle Park and Port Melbourne.
Who is eligible?
You many be eligible for sponsor housing if you are:
- Approved for the Victorian Housing Register
- Eligible under the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing income and assets limits
- Aged over 50 years (45 years and over if you are a First Nations person) and have lived in the area for three or more years.
Is there a waiting period
Yes, this can vary from 12 months to several years depending on approved property requirements.
Types of housing
There are over 400 units all with self-contained kitchens and bathrooms. The types of units available are:
- bedsitter - one large room
- one bedroom
- a small number of two-bedroom units.
Units are available across the following estates:
- Layfield Court,150 Victoria Avenue, Albert Park
- Shoreline, 180 Mills Street/100 Ashworth Street, Middle Park
- Inkerman Heights, 150 - 156 Inkerman Street/2 Henryville Street, St Kilda
- Pinaroo Village, 114 Inkerman Street, St Kilda
- 482 Williamstown Road, Port Melbourne.
Applying for Sponsorship Housing
To apply or request more information, contact us and ask for Housing and Homelessness Services.