COVID safe information
The City of Port Phillip's priority during the COVID-19 outbreak is to keep all members of our community safe.
Following advice from the Victorian Government's Department of Health and Human Services, as of Monday 23 March all guided heritage walks and Social Support Programs are suspended until further notice.
This includes Linking Neighbours and activities based at the Cora Graves Centre.
To maintain being connected with each other and gauge everyone's wellbeing, Social Inclusion staff have been providing our existing clients with the following services:
- One on one telephone conversations
- Teleconferences with existing groups
- A variety of online activities
- One on one walking activities
- Home visits where restrictions have allowed
This has helped to check in and keep our clients up to date with what's going on.
The Program will continue to be updated as COVID conditions change and we will adjust the program accordingly. Please visit Council's COVID-19 Information webpage or ASSIST 03 9209 6777 and request the Social Support Team Leader if you require any further assistance.
Social Support Program
Port Phillip's Social Support Program provides older residents, those experiencing dementia and who are socially isolated and people with disability the opportunity to participate in recreation and cultural activities. Programs offer people a social and active experience in a relaxed and fun environment.
Social support groups consist of:
- Social groups for older people and people with disability
- Arts, exercise and outdoor activities
- Film outings
- Social programs for those living in supported residential services (SRS)
- Carer (of older people) support groups and activities
For more details and to make a referral to the Program, please contact the Social Support Team Leader.
Online: Online Services – General Request
Phone: ASSIST (03) 9209 6777 and request the Social Support Team Leader