COVID safe information
The City of Port Phillip's priority during the COVID-19 outbreak is to keep all members of our community safe.
Following advice from the Victorian Government's Department of Health and Human Services, as of Monday 23 March all guided heritage walks and Social Support Programs are suspended until further notice.
This includes Linking Neighbours and activities based at the Cora Graves Centre.
To maintain being connected with each other and gauge everyone's wellbeing, Social Inclusion staff have been providing our existing clients with the following services:
- One on one telephone conversations
- Teleconferences with existing groups
- A variety of online activities
- One on one walking activities
- Home visits where restrictions have allowed
This has helped to check in and keep our clients up to date with what's going on.
The Program will continue to be updated as COVID conditions change and we will adjust the program accordingly. Please visit Council's COVID-19 Information webpage or ASSIST 03 9209 6777 and request the Social Support Team Leader if you require any further assistance.
Social Support Program
Port Phillip's Social Support Program provides older residents, those experiencing dementia and who are socially isolated and people with disability the opportunity to participate in recreation and cultural activities. Programs offer people a social and active experience in a relaxed and fun environment.
Social support groups consist of:
- Social groups for older people and people with disability
- Arts, exercise and outdoor activities
- Film outings
- Social programs for those living in supported residential services (SRS)
- Carer (of older people) support groups and activities
For more details and to make a referral to the Program, please contact the Social Support Team Leader.
Online: Online Services – General Request
Phone: ASSIST (03) 9209 6777 and request the Social Support Team Leader
Location and Getting There
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Social Support Programs were run out of the accessible Cora Graves Community Centre. The Centre is located at the north side of and opposite the St Kilda Botanical Gardens, close to Barkly and Acland Street shops and transport.
Address: 38-40 Blessington Street, St Kilda 3182
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
Phone: 03 9209 6738
Melways Reference: 58/B11
Transport to Cora Graves Community Centre
Disabled parking is available on Blessington Street within walking distance. Please see the Disability Access Map for more details.
- St Kilda Beach Route 16 and 96, alight at the terminus stop in Acland Street
- Carnegie Route 67, stop 32
- East Malvern Route 3, stop 32
- Southland-St Kilda Station Routes 600, 922, stop Acland Street/Barkly Street
- Fisherman's Bend- Elsternwick Route 606, stop Acland Street/Barkly Street
- St Kilda – Glen Waverley Route 623, stop Greeves Street /Carlisle Street
- Clifton Hill - Elsternwick Route 246, stop Acland Street/Barkly Street
The Free Community Bus stops four times a day in front of the Cora Graves Community Centre.