Building in your neighbourhood

What to expect and what you can do when construction is happening near you.

Check the planning register

A planning application is advertised to the public when it will affect nearby houses or the community.

Learn about the advertising process and how you can see the Planning Register of current applications.

Object or support a planning permit application

People can object or support a planning application advertised to the public. Find out the process of objecting or supporting a planning application.

Planning Ahead

Visit Planning Ahead to find information about a property including its zone and overlays.

Projects in Port Phillip

Find out about the projects and developments planned for Port Phillip by taking a look at the planning scheme amendments.

What to expect when there is construction

The city we live in is constantly growing and changing. It is likely that you will live or work near a construction site one day.

When construction happens close to you, it can affect you and your neighbours. Get advice about how to live with this, what to look out for and what to do if you have any concerns or feedback.

Living with construction

Living with construction helps you deal with the challenges of construction happening near you. Find out who handles what and who to contact if you have any issues.

Help and support

If you have any questions or need help, please contact us:

Online: My Port Phillip online services
Phone: 03 9209 6424
In person: visit the Planning & Building Counter at St Kilda Town Hall during opening hours (8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday)

Related Content