Markets and laneway events can be a great way to bring together the community, support local and share the vibrancy of this City.

Anyone wanting to activate a laneway needs to apply for a Laneways permit.

For more information on markets and laneways, download the guidelines:

Please also ensure you apply for a Occupancy Permit for a Place of Public Entertainment.

Long-term markets

On-going markets with four or more events will need to submit a major events and markets expression of interest.

Short-term market permits

Short-term markets (less than four dates) can apply throughout the year.

Long-term market applications must apply through the annual Expression of Interest process. Details can be found in the Event and Market Guidelines (PDF 716 KB).

Contact Event Services

Online: Online Services
Post: Event Services, City of Port Phillip, Private Bag 3 St Kilda, Victoria 3182

Related Content