CoPP This! Community Sector News
CoPP This! Community Sector News is the Council's free monthly electronic newsletter for staff and volunteers of local community groups. The newsletter offers information about:
- training, conference and courses
- funding opportunities
- council programs and initiatives
- other programs and initiatives that impact on community sector.
Community training calendar
Every year Council runs free training sessions to build the capacity of local community groups and non-profit organisations.
If you have any general queries, or access or support requirements that will enable your participation in these events, please contact the Grants and Community Building Team:
Interpreters are available upon request.
Free online Grant Writing Workshops- Are You Grant Ready?
The City of Port Phillip Community Groups are invited to attend one of the two free Grant Writing Workshops- Are You Ready?
The session will be presented by Non-Profit Training.
There are many grants available to non-profit organisations. With the majority of the workforce being volunteers with limited time to dedicate to applying for grants, it’s hard to decide which ones are best and where to invest precious time into? The first question is, 'Are we grant ready?'
With most funders having different requirements and application procedures, learning how to set up a framework, from which one can be ready to apply for any grant efficiently and effectively will open the doors to opportunity and success.
- What are grants and why do organisations give them out
- What funding is available?
- Selling one's organisation and project
- Defining the project and its benefits
- The cost of the plan – the budget
- Defining the organisations stakeholders and partners
- Sustainability - keeping the project going after the funding finishes
- Evaluation of the project
- Giving thanks!