Notify us of a property purchase

When a property is purchased or ownership transferred, we need to be told. Find out how to notify us and the State Revenue Office.

You need to tell us if you buy a property, transfer ownership or change your address.

Buying a property

Your solicitor needs to send Council a completed Notice of Acquisition form when you purchase a property in Port Phillip.

This helps us to keep track of who owns each property in Port Phillip.

The State Revenue Office must be informed within 28 days to work out land transfer duty (or stamp duty).

To submit the Notice of Aquisition electronically

Selling a property

If you are selling a property your solicitor or conveyancer must organise a Land Information Certificate (LIC).

Change of address

We need to have your current contact details so we can send you property rates notices, and stay in touch.

To let us know you have changed your mailing address you can:

Contact us

Our Rates Team is here to help.

Send us a message on My Port Phillip

Phone: 03 9209 6777