A diverse and mixed use precinct, Fishermans Bend offers modern inner city neighbourhoods, celebrating the area's significant cultural and built heritage and network of gritty streets and laneways, plus includes small parks and playgrounds throughout.
The future of Fishermans Bend is being shaped now, with exciting new developments and planning currently underway.
Things to see and do
- Enjoy the many parks, including JL Murphy Reserve with its great new playground area
- Visit the cellar door or book into a tasting or tour at Starward Distillery
- Get your fill of Texan barbeque at Big Earle's Roadhouse Barbecue
- Dine at the somewhat hidden restaurant that was formerly an old mill, Half Acre
- Catch a VFL match at North Port Oval
- Fly around the track at Auscarts, Melbourne's only purpose-built go kart track
- Tram routes: 109
- Bus routes: 232, 235 and 606
For timetables and information visit Public Transport Victoria.
The transformation of Fishermans Bend is guided by the Fishermans Bend Framework to ensure liveability as the precinct grows over the next 30 years.