Find my property information

Property information combines the ability to search for an address or site with the relevant planning documents.

It includes:

  • maps
  • zone schemes
  • overlays and reports
  • heritage notes.

Before jumping into your project, it's a good idea to check your property information. This information can impact what you can and can't do.

You should start thinking about:

Planning Ahead

If you're thinking of buying a place or seeking information on a property, visit Planning Ahead to gather the property information for your address or site.

Certificate of title

A Certificate of Title (CT) document is a legal document proving the official ownership of land.

Planning and building applications require a CT that’s less than 3 months old for permit approval.

Your CT must include:

  • full information of any covenants or restrictions on the title
  • a plan/diagram showing the lot layout and dimensions of the property.

You can get a current copy of the CT for your property via the Landata website.

Request for existing building permit approvals (Regulation 51)

This request provides certificates relating to:

  • building permits, certificates of final inspection and occupancy permits issued within the last 10 years
  • any current outstanding enforcement action
  • property information as part of Regulation 51.

There are three parts to Regulation 51 requests:

Part 1: Building Permit details

A certificate with information relating to building permits issued in the previous 10 years. Plus, any outstanding notices and/or orders.

Part 2: Property Information

A certificate with information relating to termite and flood-prone areas.

Part 3: Dates of inspections

Details of inspections at mandatory notification stages during previous building works. These cover both the building and land.

You can request a search on My Port Phillip.

Regulation 51 fees

Your application request will not be processed until the applicable fees have been paid. A card payment fee applies.

Fee detailsStandard feeExpress fee
Regulation 51(1)$50.70$90.70
Regulation 51 (2)$50.70$90.70
Regulation 51 (3)$50.70$90.70

Engineering standard drawings

Our standard drawings provide guidance to designers and contractors. You can use them to design, construct or reinstate Council assets.

Help and support

If you need more information or a hardcopy form, please contact the Planning and Building Records team: 

Online: My Port Phillip
Phone: 03 9209 6253
In person: visit the Planning and Building Counter at St Kilda Town Hall during opening hours (8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)