In line with Australian Government COVID-19 restrictions, Council Meetings will welcome back members of the public to participate in person under strict conditions.
To address Council, you must submit the below ‘online Request to Speak form’ by 4 pm on the day of the meeting.
- Attending in Person: Due to strict capacity limits, you must indicate on the form if you are attending the meeting in person. Please note, attendees who have not pre-registered are unable to access the meeting in person.
- Attending Virtually: Council Meetings will be conducted through a Hybrid method. If not attending in person, members of the public can join the WebEx meeting virtually and ask their questions live during the meeting. The WebEx meeting can be joined via internet connection on any device, or dialled into via phone. For privacy reasons, only audio will be heard, the video will not be displayed at any time during the meeting. Please provide a full summary of the questions and or statements to be contributed to the meeting in the Request to speak form (below).
- Watch Council Meetings from home: Council meetings continue to be live-streamed to allow our community to watch the meeting online. Members of the public can access the live-stream via our live stream website or Facebook page.
Please note, each speaker can speak for three minutes, the chair reserves the right to limit the speaking time to two minutes for a particular item if there are five or more speakers, please bear this in mind when preparing your submission.
In-person attendance at Council Meetings and conditions of entry
In-person public attendance at Council meetings has recommenced. There are COVID-safe requirements you will need to follow to keep everyone safe.
Do not attend a Council meeting if you are feeling unwell or are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test.
When entering the town hall and Council Chamber:
- Use hand sanitiser at the entry to the building.
- Sign in using your phone and the QR code so we have a record of your visit. This is a condition of entry for COVID-safe records. If you're unsure if your phone can scan a QR code, visit the Service Victoria website to download the free app. If you do not have a smartphone, you will be required to provide your first name, contact number and the date and time of your visit.
- Note the capacity limit. We can have a maximum of 25 people inside the Council Chamber alongside Councillors and Council staff. It is essential that you have pre-registered your attendance.
- Maintain 1.5 metres physical distance between yourself and others at all times. Seats will be positioned to ensure distancing.