What support is available?

Family Workers provide advice, referrals, and support to families with children aged zero to eight years who live, work, or play in the City of Port Phillip. A Family Worker can provide advice on topics such as:

  • Parenting advice
  • Isolation or lack of support
  • Alcohol and drugs
  • Child Protection involvement (current or history of)
  • Family violence
  • Mental health
  • Sexual assault
  • Legal issues
  • Disability (intellectual or physical)

Our Family Workers offer one-to-one sessions with families. You can have up to five sessions over three months.

Am I eligible?

You must meet the following criteria:

  • Live, work or be connected to the City of Port Phillip
  • Have a child who is aged between zero and eight years old.

How do I get help?

Please fill out our online form and we will get back to you within five business days. If you’re a professional, please also use this form to submit a referral.

Call us on 03 9209 6777 if you need help with the form or have questions. Ask for Family Support Services.

Is there longer-term support available?

If you need longer-term support, please contact  The Orange Door. They provide family violence and parenting support. They will refer you to us if our Family Support Workers are the best support for you.

Eligibility for longer-term support

You must live in the City of Port Phillip and have at least one child under 18 years old.

What if I don't live, work, or play in the City of Port Phillip?

Our Family Workers or The Orange Door will assist you to find a local support service.