Please note that due to the heavy rain this week, we have changed the venue for this event. O’Donnell Gardens is no longer suitable for the event this Saturday. We have changed the location to accommodate the large emergency vehicles which will be attending the event. It will now be held nearby at Shakespeare Grove car park, beside O’Donnell Gardens.
Join us at Shakespeare Grove car park from 10 am to 1 pm on Saturday 7 October for Safe and Sound Port Phillip, our first annual family fun event about safety in our community.
We’ve developed Safe and Sound Port Phillip to celebrate Community Safety Month, which occurs every October, and we’re hoping that this expo will be the first of many more to come.
By attending you'll have the opportunity to meet and chat with local emergency services and Council teams and enjoy a range of activities, including:
- emergency services and Council vehicles on display
- emergency preparedness information stalls and sessions
- interactive CPR demonstrations
- a live mural painting, with free graffiti removal kit samples
- animal management showbags
- a free bicycle name engraving station and bike maintenance workshops
- an SES sausage sizzle
- live music by local musician Ernest Aines.
Everyone is welcome. Bring your family, friends, and neighbours.
For more information, check out our Community safety webpage.