Council has a vision for Port Phillip to be a connected and liveable city where residents, visitors and workers can live and travel car free by improving the convenience, safety, accessibility and range of sustainable travel choices across our City.
From walking and bike riding, to ride sharing and public transport, discover the different ways you can get around Port Phillip.
Free community buses
Council provides free community and hire buses to help those in Port Phillip explore what our amazing City offers.
Policies and strategies
Council's Move, Connect Live Integrated Transport Strategy 2018-28 helps us deliver on our commitment to supporting a well-connected transportation future for our City.
Our transport priorities are to:
- create 10-minute walking neighbourhoods
- prioritise safety and access
- create spaces for walking, socialising and play
- boost bike riding
- partner with the Victorian Government to deliver reliable, accessible and more frequent public transport
- improve parking management
- harness rapid advancements in new technology.
To read more about our current strategies, visit the Transport and Parking section on the Strategies, Policies and Plans page.