2023/24 fee: $65 per bay, per day
If your vehicle takes more than one parking bay, you will need to pay a fee for each bay.
These permits allow you to park in a specific area for a short time. You might use one to move house, for tradespersons attending your house or for events and filming.
Apply at least 5 business days before you need the permit.
We issue temporary permits for:
- resident relocation, up to 3 days maximum
- interim periods while a permitted car is being repaired (evidence will be required for the replacement vehicle, for example insurance claim or hire vehicle documentation)
- filming and commercial purposes
- goods and material deliveries.
Applying for a temporary resident relocation or interim parking permit
To apply for a resident relocation permit, please have the vehicle registration handy. If the permit is for a moving truck, please use the name of the moving company in place of the registration. The maximum duration of the permit is 3 days.
Apply if you need to park in a restricted parking area while moving. Please apply for a permit at least 5 days before you need it.
To apply for an interim permit due to your vehicle being damaged, please have the registration details of your replacement vehicle handy and the details of your current permit.
How to use a temporary resident relocation or interim parking permit
Your temporary resident relocation or interim permit allows you to park unrestricted in permit zones, time-limited zones (of 30+ minutes) or paid parking locations. as long as you are in front of a 100% residential property and are abiding by any conditions detailed on the permit. The permit cannot be used in clearways and no stopping areas, work or loading zones, taxi zones, bus zones, car share and disability parking.
The permits are not valid in front of or adjacent to a non-residential property, including:
- commercial, retail and mixed use and industrial properties
- community land uses including foreshore, parks and recreational spaces
- off street car parks