The permit is vehicle registration-based permit sticker displayed on your vehicle windscreen.
Vehicles displaying a valid Foreshore Club Permit are not required to purchase a ticket at paid parking locations along both sides of the foreshore and in the designated public car parks. All time restrictions must still be adhered to.
Apply for a permit
Cost: $110 per permit, per year.
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Register or log in using registration details
- Apply for a permit
- Select permit type
- Enter the address you are applying for the permit at - please see the address table below for approved Foreshore Clubs
- Add your concession and vehicle details
- Click lodge and accept the terms and conditions
- Provide the required information and identification - attach your supporting identification documents, add your preferred address to the debtor account if required
- Finalise and pay - click 'pay now' to securely pay by credit card
Please see our parking permit help card to guide you through the application process.
Alternatively, you can submit a Foreshore Club Permit application form (PDF 29 KB) along with all required documents via email, post or in person. If your application is approved, the fee must be paid before the permit can be issued.
A card payment fee applies.
When applying online, please enter the Club address you are applying for the permit at as per the property address listing below:
|Foreshore Club||Property address for online applications|
|Albert Park Yachting and Angling Club||129B Beaconsfield Parade, Albert Park, VIC, 3206|
|Lady Forster Kindergarten||63b Ormond Esplanade Elwood, VIC, 3184|
|Elwood Life Saving Club||11 Elwood Foreshore, VIC, 3184|
|Elwood Sailing Club||5 Elwood Foreshore, VIC, 3184|
|Middle Park Life Saving Club||38-40 Beaconsfield Parade, Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207|
|Port Melbourne Life Saving Club||38-40 Beaconsfield Parade, Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207|
|Port Melbourne Yacht Club||38 Beach St, Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207|
|Royal Melbourne Yacht Club||all of street Pier Road, St Kilda, VIC, 3182|
|Sandridge Life Saving Club||240 The Boulevard, Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207|
|South Melbourne Life Saving Club||72B Beaconsfield Parade, Albert Park, VIC, 3206|
|St Kilda Life Saving Club||34 Jacka Boulevard, St Kilda VIC 3182|
|Surf Life Saving Victoria||200 The Boulevard, Port Melbourne, VIC, 3207|
The Foreshore locations are listed in the following table, or you can view the map of approved foreshore car parks (PDF 523 KB).
Where can my permit be used
Coverage provided by the permit
Foreshore parking permits do not authorise a vehicle to:
- park in a private car park, including the St Kilda Sea Baths car park
- park without purchasing a ticket in the Shakespeare Grove car park or on the Lower Esplanade
- park in a residential Permit Zone
- park in a time restricted location (for example, 2P) for longer than the time permitted on the sign.
Permits do not exempt drivers from Clearways and No Stopping areas.
How to display the permit
The permit must be clearly displayed on the lower passenger side of the front windscreen with all permit details clearly visible.
If permits are not displayed correctly, they may not be visible to the parking enforcement officers and can lead to the vehicle receiving a parking infringement notice.
Parking infringement notices may not be withdrawn if a permit is not correctly displayed.
Permits must not be copied, reproduced or tampered with.
If we identify a case of parking permit misuse the matter may be referred to Victoria Police for investigation as a criminal offence.