Amendment C161port Part 1 has been submitted to the Minister for Planning for approval.
Amendment C161port Part 2 has an upcoming Directions Hearing at 10am on Thursday 29th October 2020 for the independent planning panel process. Please find further information on the upcoming Directions Hearing below.
At the Council meeting on Wednesday 16th September 2020 Councillors voted in favour of the Council Officer’s recommendation to:
- Split the Amendment into Amendment C161port Part 1 and Part 2
- Adopt Amendment C161port Part 1, so that these changes can proceed to the Planning Minister for final approval
- Refer Amendment C161port Part 2 to an independent planning panel for consideration
COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Bill 2020
The Victorian Government has introduced the COVID-19 Omnibus (Emergency Measures) Bill 2020 which includes temporary changes to the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The changes ensure that the planning process in Victoria can continue, despite the closure of many state and local government offices and public health measures that include physical distancing requirements.
The changes mean that planning documents previously required to be physically available to view at state and local government offices are now only required to be available for online inspection. This includes copies of planning scheme amendment documentation and submissions.
As a result, a full copy of the amendment documentation and copies of submissions received during exhibition of Amendment C161port will be available online for the duration of this amendment process and will be removed two months after the amendment has been gazetted. Please note that all personal details from the submissions have been removed.
See the exhibited Amendment documentation on this page below.
In response to the exhibition of Amendment C161port, Council received 150 submissions.
Copies of these submissions are available below:
- Explanatory Report (PDF 352 KB)
- Instruction Sheet (PDF 120 KB)
- Notice of Amendment (PDF 94 KB)
- List of affected properties (PDF 440 KB)
Changes to the planning scheme
- Clause 21.07 Incorporated Documents (PDF 102 KB)
- Clause 22.04 Heritage Policy (PDF 283 KB)
- Schedule to Clause 43.01 Heritage Overlay (PDF 501 KB)
- Schedule to Clause 72.04 Documents incorporated in this scheme (PDF 135 KB)
- Proposed Zone and Overlay map changes (PDF 2,221 KB)
Changes to incorporated documents
- Port Phillip Heritage Review extract, June 2020 – Volume 1 (PDF 1,244 KB)
- Port Phillip Heritage Review extract, June 2020 – Volume 2-6 - New citations (PDF 804 KB)
- Proposed Statement of Significance 110-118 Barkly Street and 2-6 Blanche Street, St Kilda 'Houses' June 2020 (PDF 317 KB)
- Proposed Statement of Significance 12 Marine Parade, St Kilda 'Edgewater Towers' June 2020 (PDF 305 KB)
- Proposed Statement of Significance 152 and 154 Mitford Street, Elwood 'Duplex Houses' June 2020 (PDF 344 KB)
- Proposed Statement of Significance 58-60 Queens Road, Melbourne 'Glen Eagles, Kinross and Kinfauns' June 2020 (PDF 294 KB)
- Proposed Statement of Significance 588-590 City Road, South Melbourne 'Shops and Residences' June 2020 (PDF 303 KB)
- Port Phillip Heritage Review extract, June 2020 – Volume 2-6 - Revised citations (PDF 9,778 KB)
- Proposed City of Port Phillip Heritage Policy Map - June 2020 (PDF 23,078 KB)
- Proposed City of Port Phillip Neighbourhood Character Map - June 2020 (PDF 19,674 KB)
- Heritage Assessment, 588-590 City Rd, South Melbourne (Context Pty Ltd, May 2017) (PDF 481 KB)
- Heritage Assessment 2-6 Blanche Street and 110-118 Barkly Street, St Kilda (Context Pty Ltd, December 2017) (PDF 3.3 MB)
- 58, 59 & 60 Queens Road, Melbourne Heritage Assessment (Peter Andrew Barrett, November 2017) (PDF 847 KB)