Getting around is easy as everything is within strolling distance. There is an excellent light rail tram service to and from Melbourne's central business district.
Bay Street is the perfect place to meet friends for brunch, shop for everything from fresh foods to designer fashions to stylish homewares. In the evening people relax over dinner and a glass of wine at many of the water's edge eateries or renowned pubs.
- Bay Streets
- Rouse Streets
Things to see and do
- Browse the many shops and hospitality venues along Bay Street
- Beach time - Port Melbourne's beachfront offers safe bay swimming
- Enjoy the many parks in Port Melbourne, including Edwards Park and Garden City Reserve with its 26-metre high white lighthouse
- Princes Pier and Station Pier are top spots for a pic
- Visit the observation platform at Sandridge Lookout to enjoy sweeping views of Port Phillip Bay
- Explore nearby Fishermans Bend, to visit Starward Distillery and other local attractions
- Tram routes: 109
- Bus routes: 234, 235, 236, 237 and 606
For timetables and information visit Public Transport Victoria.
Economy ID provides demographic and economic data, population forecasts and interactive demographic maps for Port Melbourne (including parts of Fishermans Bend).