When applying for a Real Estate Pointer Board permit, please note to following permit conditions:
- Where an advertising sign is proposed to be placed on land or fixtures that are not Council land, the permission of the owner must be obtained and evidence of that permission must be produced to an authorised officer when requested to do so.
- The requirement to obtain a permit under Local Law No. 1 for an advertising sign applies where a permit is not required under Clause 10, Footpath Activities.
- Advertising signs promoting auctions, sales or open house viewings may only be placed on roads and Council land on the day of the event.
- A permit must be obtained before the placement of any real estate pointer boards on a road or Council land.
- The size of the advertising sign must not be greater than one metre in height or 70 centimetres wide.
- The advertising sign must be removed within two hours of the conclusion of the auction, sale or open house viewing.
- The advertising sign must not be located on median strips, roundabouts or similar structures forming part of the road.
- Application and permit renewal fee - $111.50
- Permit fee per year - $728.50
How to apply
To apply, lodge an application form through Online Services.
You will be taken through the following steps to complete your request:
- register or log in - you must register and log in to apply for a Development Permit
- select the permit type - select the type of permit under Apply for a Development Permit
- address search - select the address your permit will be allocated
- name - select the 'Add Name' icon and enter your name and contact details if it is not already showing
- enter details - enter relevant information and attach any required documents
- confirmation - confirm your application details and agree to the terms and conditions of permit use
- payment - securely pay by credit card and a receipt number will be issued. A card payment fee applies.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. For advice, contact the Business Concierge.
Applications take five business days to assess provided no further information or changes are required.