VicSmart is a streamlined assessment process for straightforward planning permit applications. An application identified in the Planning Scheme as being VicSmart has specified requirements for information, assessment processes and decision guidelines.
Key features of VicSmart include:
- a 10-day permit process
- applications are not advertised
- information to be submitted with an application and what Council can consider a pre-set.
An overview of the VicSmart process can be found on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning's VicSmart - a simpler planning permit process.
If you do not qualify for VicSmart, you may be eligible to apply for Council's Fast Track service.
Applications that are eligible
Lodging an application
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Register or log in using registration details
- Apply for a permit
- Select permit type
- Confirmation - Accept terms and conditions of use
- Summary - Attach any required documents
- Payment - Securely pay by credit card
Alternatively, you can submit a VicSmart application form (PDF 161 KB) along with all required documents via email, post or in person. If your application is approved, the fee (if applicable) must be paid before the permit can be issued.
For an overview of the VicSmart process, including VicSmart forms and checklists, visit VicSmart planning process.
- A current copy of Certificate of Title and Plan of Subdivision produced no later than three months from your lodgement date
- Proposed plans or documents
- VicSmart Checklist
- Photographs of the subject site and the street, only for applications visible from the street
- Melbourne Water VicSmart approval documentation for sites in a Special Building Overlay (SBO)
If you have any further queries about your VicSmart application, please contact us:
Online: Online Services
Phone: 03 9209 6424
In person: visit the Planning and Building Counter at St Kilda Town Hall during opening hours Monday to Friday
Post: Statutory Planning, City of Port Phillip, Private Bag 3, St Kilda VIC 3182