Supported accommodation for older people with disability

Port Phillip has a range of support, care and housing options for older people with disability.

My Aged Care is an Australian Government system to give older people one point of contact to access aged care services. People aged 65 years and over (50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) are eligible for aged care services from the Australian Government. To access new services or if you're an existing client and need new services, contact My Aged Care.

Online: My Aged Care
Phone: 1800 200 422 Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday 10 am to 2 pm

There are several supported accommodation options available for older people and people with disabilities in the City of Port Phillip for people who can no longer live at home and need ongoing help with everyday tasks or health care.

Some are operated by not for profit community organisations and some by private operators.

You can enquire about residential age care facilities via the My Aged Care Aged Care Homes.

Residential age care facilities

Residential age care facilities care for people who need 24-hour nursing care either because they are physically frail or have a high level of cognitive impairment. These might be for a respite, short term period or a more permanent move.

Central Park

Private facility

Phone: 03 8517 9500
Address: 101 Punt Road, Windsor

Jewish Care

Community facility

Phone: 03 9529 8911
619 St Kilda Road, Melbourne

CaSPA Care

Emerald Hill Residence

Community facility

Phone: 03 9633 9200
203 Napier Street, South Melbourne

South Port Residential

Community facility

Phone: 03 9690 3166
Address: 18-30 Richardson Street, Albert Park

Napier Street Aged Care

Community facility

Phone: 03 9696 9229
179 Napier Street, South Melbourne

Sacred Heart Community

Community facility

Phone: 03 9536 8450
Address: 101 Grey Street, St Kilda


Community facility

Phone: 03 9646 0588
79 Swallow Street, Port Melbourne

Supported residential services

Supported Residential Services (SRS) offer personal and daily living needs in shared accommodation. SRS's are not Commonwealth subsidised. They are private businesses registered under Victorian State legislation:

Alma House

Pension only

Phone: 03 9527 4004
134 Alma Road, Balaclava

Hambleton House

Pension only

Phone: 03 9690 3149
44 St Vincent's Place, South Melbourne

Acland Grange

Pension plus

Phone: 03 9525 3922
166 Barkly Street, St Kilda

Rooming House Plus

69 Queens Road, Melbourne

The former John Batman Hotel on the corner of Lorne St and Queens Rd was refurbished by the Department of Health and Human Services as a Rooming House Plus Project as a 64 self- contained unit rooming house.

It is tenancy managed by Community Housing Ltd. (a registered Victorian Affordable Housing Association) and incorporates a range of intensive support (29 units) and low- level support (35 units) that is provided on site by Sacred Heart.

Independent living units

Crawford Court Flats

Single bedsit accommodation for people over 50 years of age.

Phone: 03 9871 8703
Address: South Melbourne

Emerald St Flats

For people over 50 years owned, managed by South Port Community Housing.

Phone: 03 9696 1128
Address: South Melbourne

Villa Maria Catholic Homes

For people over 55 years of age.

Phone: 1800 036 777
Address: North Caulfield and Elsternwick.

Sharing programs

Homeshare Melbourne

Disability, asylum seeker and youth homeshare programs.

Phone: 0468 940 088

Help with supported housing

The City of Port Phillip's Housing and Homelessness Services social workers are available to:

  • provide information if you are facing difficulties regarding where you live
  • visit you on an outreach visit at your home or at one of the Town Halls or local agencies
  • provide information about housing alternatives such as public, community and private options
  • provide information about supported accommodation and residential care
  • provide practical assistance and support to move
  • offer advice and referral for support services to help you to stay independent.

For information on options for suitable and affordable housing in Port Phillip including details of other local housing services, visit affordable housing.

Related Content