Fast Track is a service that streamlines the assessment process of eligible minor applications for an additional fee.
Council’s dedicated Fast Track Planner aims to issue permits for Fast Track applications within 10 business days from lodgement, provided all required information has been submitted.
If you do not qualify for Fast Track, you may be eligible to apply for VicSmart.
The Fast Track service fee is $137.90. This is in addition to any other Statutory Planning fees that may apply.
Applications that are eligible
Applications that can be assessed under the Fast Track service include:
Minor buildings and works
- Rear alterations to a significant or contributory graded dwelling, not visible from the street other than a lane or public park
- New windows or doors visible from the street in the same specifications as existing, such as materials, colours, finishes, dimensions, with no change to window or door openings
- Removal of fixtures such as security bars and roller shutters from windows
- Alterations to roofs. If visible from the street, the roof must be in the same material and appearance as existing
- Re-rendering the dwelling façade, appropriate to the heritage significance of the building
- Paving and other related minor landscaping works
- Demolition of a chimney not visible from the street in heritage areas, unless described as significant in an individual Citation in the Port Phillip Heritage Review
- Display an internally illuminated sign within 30m of a residential zone, provided the signage is not greater than 1.5m2 and complies with the requirements listed in Clause 22.08 of the Planning Scheme
- Display non-illuminated advertising signage that exceeds 10m2, provided the signage complies with the requirements listed in Clause 22.08
- Demolition or removal of business identification signage in heritage areas, unless described as significant in an individual Citation in the Port Phillip Heritage Review
Council requires the following information to lodge a Fast Track application:
- Fast Track Application form
- current copy of Certificate of Title and Plan of Subdivision, produced no later than three months from your lodgement
- proposed plans or documents
Additional information to support your application may include:
- photographs of the subject site and the street
- for advertising signage, all information as noted in the Planning Permit for Signage checklist
Lodging an application
To lodge your Fast Track application please email all relevant documentation to email@example.com
If you have any further queries about your Fast Track application, please contact us:
Phone: 03 9209 6424
In person: visit the Planning and Building Counter at St Kilda Town Hall during opening hours Monday to Friday
Post: Statutory Planning, City of Port Phillip, Private Bag 3, St Kilda VIC 3182