The Youth Access Grant Program has two streams:
Stream 1: Get Involved Grant
Get Involved funding provides up to $500 for a young person aged 12 to 18 years who does not have financial means to participate in recreational activities. An organisation can apply on behalf of the young person, parent or guardian. The organisation will manage the funds.
Stream 2: Recreation Programs Grant
The Recreation Programs Grant is available for organisations to apply for up to $20,000 with a total pool of $110,000. They must provide a free or low-cost recreation program for young people aged 12 to 18 years of age.
Recreation activities could include:
- sporting activities such as training, lessons, competitions and organised group sports
- creative expression including theatre, acting groups and art lessons
- social activities including mindfulness, environmental activities, movie clubs, group coding and gaming sessions.
- Information session 1 - Wednesday 4 November 1.30 to 2.30 pm
- Information session 2 - Monday 9 November 2 to 3 pm
How to apply
This is a rolling grant process. Applications can be made at any time while funds are available. Applications will be assessed by a panel each month, except for December.
- Read the program guidelines:
- Apply online via SmartyGrants. If you are a new user, you will need to register an account when starting your first application. If you need help using the application form, download the Help Guide for Applicants or check the Applicant Frequently Asked Questions.
For general queries about the guidelines or application form, please contact email@example.com