This Permit is a vehicle registration-based permit sticker that is displayed on your vehicle windscreen.
Vehicles displaying a valid Foreshore Permit are not required to purchase a ticket at paid parking locations along both sides of the beach road (foreshore) and in the designated public car parks. All time restrictions must still be adhered to.
Applying for a permit
You will need to provide a valid form of vehicle identification when applying.
Cost: $62 per permit, per year
Where can my Permit be used
Vehicles displaying a valid foreshore permit are not required to purchase a ticket at paid parking locations along both sides of the beach road (foreshore) and in the designated public car parks.
All time restrictions must be still adhered to.
Where the Permit is not valid
- In a private car park, including St Kilda Sea Baths Carpark
- In Shakespeare Grove and the Shakespeare Grove Carpark, or the lower Esplanade, without purchasing a ticket.
- Residential permit Zones
- When you have parked longer than the time specified, in time-restricted zones
Coverage provided by the Permit
Foreshore Parking Permits do not authorise a vehicle to:
- park in a private car park, including the St Kilda Sea Baths car park
- park without purchasing a ticket in the Shakespeare Grove car park or on the Lower Esplanade
- park in a residential Permit Zone
- park in a time-restricted location for longer than the time permitted on the sign.
Permits do not exempt drivers from Clearways and No Stopping areas.
Permits are not valid if the vehicle is parked in front of or along the side of a non-residential property, including:
- industrial, community land uses
The following vehicles are not eligible for a Parking Permit:
- Vehicles over 4.5 tonnes or longer than 7.5 meters
- Trailers, including boating trailers