Temporary Permits are short term permits issued to allow people or organisations to park in specified areas for a short-term period. They may be issued for the following reasons:

  • publicity events
  • filming
  • commercial relocation
  • goods and material deliveries
  • short-term infrastructure works
  • resident relocation, up to three days maximum.

Apply for a permit

Temporary parking permits are not issued to provide coverage while waiting for a residential parking permit to be applied for or received.

Cost: $60 per bay per day.

Follow these steps to apply online:

  1. Register or log in using registration details
  2. Apply for a permit
  3. Select permit type
  4. Address
  5. Concession and vehicle details
  6. Lodge
  7. Confirmation - Accept terms and conditions of use
  8. Summary - Attach identification required, click Add to attach multiple documents
  9. Payment - Securely pay by credit card

Alternatively, you can submit a temporary Parking permit application form (PDF 32 KB) along with all required documents via email, post or in person. If your application is approved, the fee (if applicable) must be paid before the permit can be issued.

A card payment fee applies.

Residents moving in or out of the area

There is no charge for reasonable temporary parking in relation to resident relocation. However, an application form must be submitted and approved.

Coverage provided by the Permit

Vehicles displaying a current temporary parking permit may provide exemptions from the following restrictions in the street listed on the permit:

  • time limited restrictions (green signs) including paid parking
  • permit zones
  • loading zones under special circumstances.

Permitted vehicles are not exempt from Clearways, No Stopping Areas and other red parking signs or other statutory regulations.

Related Content