Temporary Permits are short term permits issued to allow people or organisations to park in specified areas for a short-term period. They may be issued for the following reasons:
- publicity events
- commercial relocation
- goods and material deliveries
- short-term infrastructure works
- resident relocation, up to three days maximum.
Parking Policy update
Council endorsed a new Parking Management Policy on 19 February 2020. Once implemented, Temporary Parking Permits will include party guests and tradespeople.
Most changes will come into effect 1 July 2021 or 1 July 2025. The new Policy is available for download.
Applying for a Permit
Temporary parking permits are not issued to provide coverage while waiting for a residential parking permit to be applied for or received.
- non-metered restricted time parking bay: $41 per bay per day
- all day ticket parking bay: $25 per bay per day
- time restricted paid parking bay: $37 per bay per day
- unrestricted parking: $9 per bay per day
An administration fee of $92 is applicable for each application plus a cost for each parking bay required.
Residents moving in or out of the area
There is no charge for reasonable temporary parking in relation to resident relocation. However, an application form must be submitted and approved.
Coverage provided by the Permit
Vehicles displaying a current temporary parking permit may provide exemptions from the following restrictions in the street listed on the permit:
- time limited restrictions (green signs) including paid parking
- permit zones
- loading zones under special circumstances.
Permitted vehicles are not exempt from Clearways, No Stopping Areas and other red parking signs or other statutory regulations.