These permits allow you to park in a specific area for a short time. You might use one to move house, for Tradespersons attending your house or for events and filming.

Make sure you apply at least 5 business days before you need the permit. 

We issue temporary permits for:

  • resident relocation, up to 3 days maximum
  • interim periods while a permitted car is being repaired (evidence will be required for the replacement vehicle, e.g. insurance claim or hire vehicle documentation)
  • filming and commercial purposes
  • goods and material deliveries

Applying for a temporary resident relocation or interim parking permit

To apply for a resident relocation permit, please have the vehicle registration handy or if it is unknown, please use the name of the moving company in place of the registration. The maximum duration of the permit is 3 days.

If you are moving house and need to park in a restricted parking area, you need to apply for a permit so that our officers understand what is happening and when. Make sure you apply for a permit at least 5 days before you need it. 

To apply for an interim permit due to your vehicle being damaged, please have the registration details of your replacement vehicle handy and the details of your current permit.

How to use a temporary resident relocation or interim parking permit

Your temporary resident relocation or interim permit allows you to park unrestricted in permit zones, time-limited zones (of 30+ minutes) or paid parking locations. as long as you are in front of a 100% residential property and are abiding by any conditions detailed on the permit. The permit cannot be used in clearways and no stopping areas, work or loading zones, taxi zones, bus zones, car share and disability parking.

The permits are not valid in front of or adjacent to a non-residential property, including:

  • commercial, retail and mixed use and industrial properties
  • community land uses including foreshore, parks and recreational spaces
  • off street car parks

Apply for a temporary filming or commercial parking permit

To apply for a temporary permit for filming, photography or commercial purposes, please email the details first to to receive a quote. For more information on other film and photography permits, visit the Film and photography page.