When you apply for a new parking permit we need to see proof that you:
- live at the eligible property
- own the vehicle or are listed as a driver with correct garaging address (property you are applying at) or that it is your company car
- have a valid concession card.
Proof of residency for Visitor Parking Permit applications
When you apply for a Visitor parking permit, you must provide one (1) of these documents. Make sure it shows your name and the address of the property you are applying for the permit at. We don’t accept a drivers licence as residential ID.
Documents we accept
Renting with name currently on lease
Renting but name not on lease
Proof of vehicle ownership for registration based permits
You are required to submit vehicle identification when applying for a registration-based parking permit (this includes resident, combined and foreshore parking permits).
You must provide one (1) of the following documents with your application - choose from the list below that best applies to your circumstances.
Documents we accept
Registered owner of the vehicle
Note: these must show your name, vehicle registration, the residential and garaging address must be detailed on the document.
The primary driver, but not the registered owner of the vehicle
Copy of insurance documents – must list your name as a driver and have the garaging address as the property you are applying for the permit at.
Applying for a company-registered vehicle
Please note that you will be required to provide additional residential identification for your registration-based application if you have not provided this before. We will contact you via email if this information is required.
Concession cards we accept
The address details on your concession card must match the property address of your permit application and you must be the primary cardholder.
When you apply, show us your:
- Pensioner Concession Card – must be issued by Centrelink, Department of Health and Human Services or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Health Care Card and Low Income Health Care Card - must be issued by Centrelink or Department of Health and Human Services
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card - must be issued by Centrelink, Department of Health and Human Services or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Cards, including:
- Gold Card - War Widow (WW)
- Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Please note: we do not accept Seniors Cards, Student Cards or any other card not listed above.