In Victoria, permits are administered by the Accessible Parking Permit scheme. You now apply, renew or replace a permit through the scheme’s new application process. You will be told if you are eligible and for which type of permit. You can get your permit mailed to you or collect it from us.
If you have an existing disability permit, you can keep using it until it expires.
Permits for individuals
There are 2 types of accessibility permits for individuals:
- Australian Disability Parking (ADP) Permit – formerly the Category 1 Blue Disabled Permit
- Double Time (DT) Permit – formerly the Category 2 Green Permit.
Parking permits for organisations
Transport service providers can apply for accessible parking permits for organisations.
Accessible Parking Permit scheme explained
The scheme aims to make getting an accessible parking permit simpler, more consistent and fairer. With your permit you can use accessible parking bays anywhere in Victoria. Make sure you check the parking rules of the local council.
The new scheme has brought in changes including:
- new temporary permits (for 6, 12 or 24 months)
- permit length increased from 3 to 5 years
- new permanent disability classification – no renewals needed
- occupational therapists can assess your eligibility for a permit.
Double Time (green permits) and permits for organisations will continue under the new scheme.