How to register
Until March 2024, complete the form to register for childcare and integrated kindergarten for the first time.
Our top tips:
- Before registering, make an appointment and visit any centre you are interested in.
- Register your child any time after they are born.
- You will be offered a place when your requirements match a centre’s vacancy.
- Be as flexible with your registration choices as possible.
- Accept an offer at one of your chosen centres, even if it does not match your exact needs. Families that are enrolled and attending a service will be offered additional or preferred days first.
If possible, to give yourself the best chance of a place, we recommend:
- select all the centres you would accept an offer from, in order of preference (up to a maximum of 5)
- select multiple days of the week if you are not tied to specific working days
- be flexible in the number of days you select
- be flexible with your starting date if offered earlier.
If you have questions or need to change an existing registration, contact us:
Which centres are covered by the current system?
Changes to registration
In 2024 we're introducing the Children’s Services Integrated Registration and Enrolment (CSIRE) system.
The new system is known as CSIRE (we call it "siri"). Registering and updating your details will be online and self-service. For a preview, check out the walkthrough of the new portal.
All 5 Council-managed services and 6 of the 8 community-managed services will be part of the new system. From 1 January the following 2 services are managing their own registrations:
- Ada Mary A’Beckett Children’s Centre in Port Melbourne
- Neighborhood House (South Melbourne Child Care Co-operative), Albert Park
Central registration for sessional kindergarten is planned for 2025.