Lockdown will keep us home but it won’t keep us down.
We’re bringing you another series of online sustainable living events to keep you thriving from your loungeroom, learning new skills and generally making life better.
Cloth nappies 101
Saturday 26 September, 2.00 pm to 3.30 pm | Register | Hosted by Glen Eira City Council
Get your head around modern cloth nappies at this free webinar. You’ll learn about different styles of cloth nappies and how to wash them. See examples of different cloth nappies and talk to like-minded parents.
Grow you own tea
Tuesday 6 October, 7.30 pm to 9.00 pm | Register | Hosted by Glen Eira City Council
Learn how to grow your own tea at this free webinar. There are lots of indigenous plants and herbs that make a delicious cuppa. Growing your own tea is cost-effective and cuts down on packaging waste too.
The thrifty gardener
Saturday 17 October, 10.00 am to 11.00 am | Register | Hosted by City of Stonnington
Be inspired to reuse waste materials in your garden to help the environment and make your garden beautiful, functional and productive on a budget.
Small space gardening
Saturday 7 November, 10.00 am to 12.00 pm | Register | Hosted by City of Stonnington
Preparing your home for summer
Thursday 3 December, 7.00 pm to 8.30 pm | Register | Hosted by Glen Eira City Council
Want a cooler home this summer and to cut down on bills? Come along to this free webinar to learn about easy, cost-effective ways you can make your home cool and efficient.
- How to make your home cooler without major renovations
- The most efficient way to cool your home
- Where your home uses energy and what areas you should prioritise
- How solar panels can help reduce your energy bills.
Getting off gas Q&A
Thursday 17 September, 7.00 pm to 8.15 pm | Hosted by Yarra City Council
This is a follow up Q & A session to a previous all-electric homes webinar (the why, how and when to go all-electric).
Rooftop solar online information session
Wednesday 16 September, 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm | Hosted by City of Port Phillip
This session will:
• answer your questions about rooftop solar.
• explain how City of Port Phillip's solar program can help you.
• introduce experts from Yarra Energy Foundation and Eko Energy
• explain government rebates including City of Port Phillip's additional rebate for low income residents.
Community owned renewable energy
Wednesday 9 September, 5.00 pm to 6.00 pm | Hosted by City of Port Phillip
View the presentation (PDF 5.7MB)
Find out about:
• community owned energy projects and their benefits
• types of projects and successful models
• how you can get started on developing a renewable energy project
A renewables-led recovery: towards a zero-emissions future
Tuesday 11 August, 6.30 - 8pm | Hosted by Yarra City Council
Expert speakers discuss the opportunity we have right now to recover from the pandemic and create a safe, healthy, zero-emissions future.
Campaigning for climate action to help drive the recovery
Thursday 13 August, 6.30 - 8pm | Hosted by Yarra City Council
Want to help push for a pandemic recovery that helps fix the climate crisis and creates a fairer, healthier Australia for all?
Open Book: The art of mending with Erin Lewis-Fitzgerald
Thursday 13 August, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm| Hosted by City of Stonnington
Mending is trending and it's never been easier to repair and reinvent your clothes.
All-electric homes - the why, how and when to get off gas
Thursday 20 August, 7 - 8.30pm | Hosted by Yarra City Council
Learn practical ways to transition away from gas to an all-electric home and be part of a movement to create a zero-emissions future.
This series is being delivered in partnership with the City of Port Phillip, City of Stonnington, Glen Eira City Council, City of Yarra and City of Monash.
Catch up on past events
If you missed our past events, catch-up on the recordings and presentations here:
- Keep cosy and draught proof your home
- Keeping happy healthy backyard chooks
- Grow food at home 101
- Love your soil
- Propagate plants
- Manage garden pests
- Prepare your home for winter and save (energy efficiency)
- All electric homes: The how, why and when of transitioning from gas at home
- Community-owned renewable energy (PDF 5.7MB)