Community services don’t always have the time and resources to explore and implement sustainability measures. We provide the support these organisations need to reduce their impact on the environment.
Join the Sustainable Business Network
The Sustainable Business Network provides networking opportunities and sustainability support to over 200 City of Port Phillip organisations (both for-profit and not-for-profit). Membership is free and members receive:
- invitations to regular networking events and information sessions with experts (currently held online)
- newsletter with news and offers
- online support from members through a dedicated social media group
- one-on-one sustainability advice and support from Council officers including vision-setting workshops
Seedlings - a program for Early Years Services
Council supports kindergartens and childcare centres to include sustainability education in their curriculum and to reduce their energy use, water use and waste generation.
Seven of the best
Seven community services take part in this program. We are working with these organisations to incorporate sustainability into their operations. Some of the changes we’ve helped them make so far include: adding Green Cones for composting, installing solar panels or energy efficient lighting, and installing a kitchen garden.
Currently, we are delighted to be working with these organisations:
- Salvation Army Crisis Services
- MIND Australia
- Avidity Salon
- Alma Road Community House
- Elwood St Kilda Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Linden New Art
If you want help to introduce sustainability measures at your community service, contact us.
Phone: 9209 6777