Social Housing-Community and Public Housing
As well as a range of local community owned and/or managed affordable housing, there is a range of public housing across the Port Phillip municipality.
For information about applying to the Victorian Housing Register see- visit www.housing.vic.gov.au
The City of Port Phillip facilitates the provision of social housing in Port Phillip for the state government's Department of Health & Human Services and other community housing organisations.
This can be through
- support to develop community housing projects.
- joint ventures between the Department of Health & Human Services and other community housing organisations,
- projects involving community housing organisations
- providing housing needs information
- property identification
- property valuation information
- assistance during the planning permit application process
- support for funding applications with the Department of Human Services.
These organisations can include churches, charitable organisations, community housing management organisations and community housing providers.